Highlights of the June 2018 Report Magazine, now available, include:
– The new REG Yacht Code is coming soon
– Lifecord is the new ‘smart’ kill cord
– IMO adopts ambitious climate change strategy for shipping
– Metals and their corrosion behaviour in seawater
– The Polar Code, one year on
– What constitutes a circumstance that may give rise to a claim and when should you report it to insurers
– Ursula Smith is the subject of ‘The day in the life of’
– Details of new Honorary Fellowships and Fellowships awarded
– A wealth of members’ news
– Plus a column from President elect, Capt Zarir Irani
Read the June 2018 Report Magazine online in e-reader format or download in pdf format The-Report-June-2018
Highlights of the Symposium will include:
• Crew Claims
• Hull & Machinery Claims
• Cargo claims
• Maritime Law
• Marine Warranty
• Towage & Salvage
• Pollution Claims
• Inventory of Hazardous Material
Details of speakers and presenters will be published soon.
Click here for more information
The September 2016 issue is the Report Magazine has been published and is available to read in pdf or e-reader format. Follow this link: IIMS Report Magazine.
Highlights in this issue include:
IIMS 25th Anniversary Conference and AGM. Full report and photos
• RNLI marine surveyors helping to save lives at sea
• Debunking the myths of the safety management system
• Why enhancing your standards as a surveyor really matters
• Verified Gross Mass – new regulations
• The hidden dangers of carbon monoxide afloat
• Synthetic (Composite) Rigging – An introduction
• A comparison of lashings for heavy lift cargoes
• A marine surveyor’s report on the new ‘Insurance Act 2015’
• A day in the life of Paul Homer
The IIMS head office has published the June issue of The Report Magazine.
At 72 pages it is the biggest publication ever published by the Institute.
There are a range of through provoking features and articles, including some specially commissioned content. Of particular interest to IIMS India Branch members will be an article by Capt Ruchin Dayal entitled ‘Sampling of iron ore fines: The immediate challenges from an Indian perspective for a worldwide problem’.
Click to read The Report Magazine in pdf or e-reader format.